WELCOME TO THE KALISPELL HOSTEL
Centrally located in the Flathead Vally above Wheaton's Cycle in Historic Downtown Kalispell, Montana. Two of the areas top destinations, Glacier National Park and Flathead Lake are short driving distances from the Kalispell Hostel. If you like the conveniences of a town, exploring nature and the comforts of home, the Kalispell Hostel is the place for you.
EXPLORE NORTHWEST MONTANA
Exploring nature in this area will keep you busy....hiking, biking, swimming, boating, skiing, snowboarding, golf and it goes on and on. Visit nearby towns: Whitefish, Bigfork, Lakeside, Columbia Falls and of course Kalispell. After your adventure, return to the hostel and cook dinner and/or explore Downtown Kalispell. Walk to Main Street shopping, grocery stores, restaurants and diners, local breweries and pubs, cafes and bakeries, museums, churches and parks.
The Kalispell Hostel is a spacious, 1700 square-foot downtown flat with three-private, double-occupancy bedrooms. The space has a retro-vibe and has been recently painted, updated, has new beds and linens and we like to keep it clean.
- your private bedroom
- access to a full kitchen (stocked with cookware, spice rack, dishes and appliances)
- dining and lounge area with fireplace
- living room with flat screen
- one and a half bathrooms
- complimentary washer/dryer use (during specific times)
- back patio
Our space works well for individuals with or without traveling partners, who don't mind sharing common areas: bathrooms, kitchen, dining area and living room. Sharing the accommodation provides the customer with price-reduced quality lodging and a chance to meet other travelers if desired. All bedrooms are private.
We also rent the entire flat. Our space works great for groups and families and we can sleep up to 8.
CONVIENIENTLY LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN KALISPELL
- Walk 1 block to Sykes Dinner, a Kalispell classic and home of the 10 cent cup of coffee. Serving home cooking at a reasonable price for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Else visit another Kalispell classic, Moose's Saloon for fabulous pizza and beer, peanut shells on the floor and acceptably carve your name into the woodwork. (5 blocks)
- DeSotto Grille - rockabilly BBQ, sandwiches, salads and desserts. (3 blocks)
- Ceres Bakery, made fresh daily, Artisan bread, delectable pastries and fabulous espresso. (3 blocks)
- Sweet Peaks- Freshly crafted ice cream using Montana dairy and quality ingredients. Yum! (3 blocks)
- 3 Craft Breweries - All Good! (open until 8pm)
.........These are my favorite. But there are many more great restaurants and shopping just right around the corner:)
RIDE YOUR BIKE
The hostel is located one-mile to the the 22-mile paved Rails to Trails Bike Path. Or ride your mountain bike at the local trails: Herron Park, Lone Pine State Park, the Whitefish Trails or the Swan Mountain Range. Coming in late April, May or early June? Then don't miss an epic ride up the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park, which is usually closed to automobiles (but open to bikes) during those months.
Did I mention the hostel is located above Wheaton's Cycle? Winner of the "Best Bike Shop in the Flathead" for eight consecutive years by Daily Interlake Readers. We can assist you with sales and service, ride advice and rentals (road, mountain, comfort, fat, e-bikes). Hostel guests receive a 10% discount on bicycle rentals.